Sunday, July 27, 2008

Art camp x2

With summer winding down "we" (the ladies) are officially bored - so this week we had more playdates, and more art camp.
First we made fish and used texture (different papers for the scales) on one side and then glitter and sparkles on the other side.





The next day we did FASHION art camp. Mia and I have been watching Project Runway and she is inspired to design and sew. I don't have the sewing skills to teach her the right way so I stalled and we made their ideas out of paper. I asked them what their dresses were going to look like sleeves, no sleeves, straps? and then length/etc and then I helped them with the basic sketch.. Then I cut it out of larger, thicker paper and they colored to "fabric" and decorated them. They were so proud, and so was i!

Madalyns

Ryans

Mias

2 Comments:

Blogger Inklore said...

So cute! My daughter would LOVE fashion art camp...

7:44 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

I've been struggling with some ideas of what to do with my eighth graders this year...they are a tough bunch of kiddos that show little enthusiasm for anything. Project Runway!! Eight Grade Style!!! Love it! Thank you for solving a big problem!

Peace & Love.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home